Friday, January 4, 2013

Where I left off...



         2012 ended with so much to do with all the holidays and parties.  My blog had to take a break, a little late but Happy New Year!  At times in the year you might not hear from me for a while, but know I am always thinking about my next post.  I take those breaks when my family life needs more time.  I believe in family first. I also believe in quality posts, so if I have nothing worth saying I won’t just post to post.  This whole blog comes from the soul, I will not “sell,” out.  

        I  took some time before I set my resolutions by finishing "Motiv8Nu."  I  highly recommend selecting this one if you need some direction.  It encouraged me to journal and to discover what it is that I really want out of 2013.  

If you follow this blog this year here is what I will be sharing with you: 

*  My gluten- free journey  (recipes and quick tips)  After mis- diagnoses and medications, this is the result of what I have chosen to do.  I went to the doctors and I got all different answers but never a cure.  That is when after my nutrition course I took, I began my gradual cut back, to totally eating G-Free. This was the first time I had learned about an allergy to gluten.  I have been doing this for the past 2 years and when I slip, I feel it.  After this holiday and the worst of it so far, I am becoming even more cautious.  I could go to someone, but there are a lot of free resources you can find.  Which I will be sharing with you via this blog. There is contradicting information if testing is even valid.  Please note though,  I am a whole food eater.  I am weary to say "Paleo," which is just as common as "gluten- free," nowadays. This is NOT a fad diet, but a necessity for me. My family on the other hand enjoys it when I make a gluten free meal.  Switching out a few meals is good, but be cautious if you go extreme.  I will write about that later on. I am excited to share with you how we live in that aspect.                                                                    

* Workout Videos- At times you might see my husband or me in the videos.  I really can’t tell you what you will see.  We just video when we feel it.  Sometimes it might be hardcore or it may be recovery. Check out our Youtube station to watch!


*  Anything and everything in between: No just kidding.  I believe strongly in connecting the mental aspect, the spiritual aspect, with the physical aspect in training.  People are on such information overload, that one does not need another “how-to,” site.  When you read my fitness journey you get food for the soul.  When the first two aspects are in balance, it allows for the physical one to become better.  Without a balanced mind and spirit, the body cannot follow.  

If this sparks your interests, subscribe to my blog.  You might not see a lot of followers, but I am never one  for quantity over quality.  Thank you to those who have subscribed, left me messages, and made comments.  

In peace, love, and happiness for 2013, 
Kima 

No comments:

Post a Comment