Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Number 1...overrated.

Sweet Potato and Chia Seeds
1/2 cup sweet potato
A dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon chia seeds

Tip: I cut back on the amount of carbs, because the topping adds a bit of fat and calories. The chia seeds also adds a touch of fiber and the cinnamon helps with blood sugar.


I had an interesting conversation with a lady who has older children.  I find that these kind of women are good to be with, because they have been through your stage in life. Plus they have survived to tell about it.  I have found myself in a bit of limbo of what to do now.  It really helped talking with my hubby and listening to my WBC app, along with my Joyce Meyer podcasts. Living vertically, literally helps you to  stay in alignment.  It doesn't mean you won't have problems, but it just means you realize that their is so much more to life.

Our weekends since December have been devoted to wrestling.  Our little son is coming into his own and I find myself sitting or standing at the meets for at least four hours.  Not to mention all the craziness of homework and practice times.  This is a true test of time for our family life.

Like the lady said, "There comes a point in time when it is less about us and more about them (our kids.) That is so true.  Yet, in society you can be made to feel that you should come first no matter what.  In some aspects ok, I get it. But for me, my kids are first.  I do not write this blog to judge others, but to share with others how it is okay for you to be you.

I admit at times I drift and begin to think about what it is that I still want to accomplish and especially in the realm of fitness.  Well, shortly after that I realize that my kids and husband are the ones who need my time and attention.  So, you won't find "visual motivation pictures," status buffing titles, or bling bling here.  When you read this you will see a mother who needs an outlet, succeeds in every day life with balance and determination.

No award can be given that can replace the personal love you have for challenging yourself and making your health a priority.

Until the next hoodie, stocking cap, layer wearing workout....
Train for you or for someone you care about, not the "likes"
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment