Sunday, December 9, 2012

On to Chapter 2- Posture for so many reasons

My venture down the road of self discovery...

      At one time I thought the future was mine and I was going to conquer it. I had this perception, because I had many positive influences who were showing me the ropes.  I had these people with me  when I worked at the gym, in college, and then into the field of teaching.  Along the way though, I have learned to live more vertically.  This vertical realization came  because of all the ups and downs I encountered.  Just because someone seems "happy," doesn't mean at times they don't wonder these thoughts
* What direction am I going?
* What choice should I make?
* Self Doubt...

     That is one of the reasons why you need to surround yourself with good hearted people who want the best for you, not just what they want at any cost.  This can be difficult because sometimes you have to take a stand. The stand  might be a lonely place, but in due time you will find yourself amongst the "right," group. I felt it so appropriate to quote Staci Boyer from the book "Motiv8nu."  She writes a section titled, "Stand Like You Own It." It relates to how your posture adds to your confidence.  Sometimes in those kind of decision making situations you find yourself needing to "Stand like you own it."   This is always something I have had to work on. Not just figuratively but truly.  I make regular chiropractic appointments to keep my neck in alignment, because I do have a tendency to get "sloppy," with my posture.  Plus running and plyos are very high impact, so treatments help keep my neck healthy.  It felt suitable talking about posture to share my current 4 -week shoulder workout plan.

Shoulders at out home-gym 
Each one done back to back then rest in between each set, each 4 sets

1. Single Shoulder Lateral Raise with a cable on our Hoist V-6
    Knee in's on the physio ball

2. High Rear Delt Pull
    Ab Circle, 1 minute

3. Dumbbell Press sitting on a stability ball
    Crunches on the stability ball while using a 15 pound dumbbell

 Spin (keeping heart rate between 140-150)

I sprinkle in using 10 pound dumbbells for short spurts to get a little extra bicep work in and it gets my heart rate up.
I also use my GymBoss Timer for intervals of standing and sitting on the bike. This keeps my intensity going for the bike.

Reflection...
I like throwing in abs during lifting, especially on shoulder day.  This gives my shoulders a rest in between sets but I am still working abs. It also allows me to make get this whole workout done in 70 minutes.

What does your posture say about you?
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment