Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Journaling a Vision...

Chapter 3: Writing a Vision...

      I heard someone say they do not like the word "vision." I have to say that many people probably feel that way, because a vision seems so dreamy, so perfect.  My response to that is if you actually take time to write your vision and to channel your energies towards your vision, it can become your reality.  I took some time out to journal using Staci Boyer's "Responsibility Challenge," on page 68 of her book "Motiv8n'U." Which deals with your vision for various aspects of your life.

      I thought long and hard about my community vision.  Especially since our children have entered school and one is in the public school.  Faith is still in Pre-K at a private school in our community. Schools are an invested interest I have in regards to community.  That is mainly due to the fact that I am a parent and a teacher.  I think that great schools come from dedicated teachers with an involved community.

      I have been handed over the school district's Fun Run 5K to co-chair for April 2013 and I was just asked back to be on another 5K committee for June 2013.  I have a vision for how these will turn out.  It is going to be a lot of work and the odd thing is both are volunteer roles.  Yet, so rewarding to me because I know that my child and others will benefit from these 2 races.  At times I have to say no to certain requests.  It isn't to be mean, but in order to effectively use my energy it must be in alignment to my vision. Journaling about my vision has helped to narrow the focus of what I will be a part of in the  community sense.

  As to my training, why fight your strengths? I whole heartily believe in functional training, but I think I must have more slow muscle fibers.  Instead of muscling through things as my husband pointed out, I am gravitating towards muscle groups.  My main focus is incorporating triple extension through various movements to help activate more fast twitch fibers.  It is a work in progress. Also, in the winter I get my core as strong as possible.  The vision I have is to become more of an efficient runner and to keep my 5k pace or below for 2013. That is the reason for those two program implementations.  Below is my arm routine.  This routine focuses on core, not triple extension. The cardio I do for this one is geared towards speed. The weights for arms are heavy. Enjoy!

Cardio 25 minutes on the step mill with my heart rate between nap

Arms with super sets (2 exercises done back to back that work opposing muscle groups) Each done for 4 sets the reps go 15/ 12/ 10/ 8 increasing the weight after each set
1st Superset on Machines
Bicep Curl
Tricep Press Down

2nd Superset at Crossover Cable Station
Tricep Overhead with curved bar
Bicep Curl with straight bar, with the cable low

3rd Superset with Dumbbells
Chest Press to Skull Crushers from December's edition of Oxygen Magazine
Hammer Curls

Abs 4 sets to failure (minimum 15 reps)
Ab machine that works both upper & lower abs by using the plates for the plates

Hanging knee ups

Cardio 30 minutes on the Treadmill for intervals using my tabata app 2 times,which makes the shorter time more of a calorie burning cardio session.

  Notes:
       When hitting arms I like to make sure that I use a machine, dumbbells, and a cable.  Each type hits the muscles a bit different.  I save abs until the end of this workout, my abs and core exercises are all different through out the week.  This really makes noticeable results.

What is your vision for other aspects of your life?
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment