Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shoulders with some INTENSE mountain climbers on the VersaFlexx


              
   I am done with my recovery stage. There are some prices to pay after high intensity and heavy weights.  Well worth it, but I did embrace these past 4 weeks. I have become more mature since 3 years ago, when I was out due to a terrible IT band injury. My cousin who is a wife, mother, and a cancer survivor has been in rehab for the past month.  She is an inspiration to me, because she fights with all of her strength.  Though fitness is my passion, I keep it in perspective.  This time around instead of feeling sorry for myself I turned to bikrim yoga and VersaFlexx. Both so good on my joints. 

Shoulder Workout
45 minutes walking on the treadmill at the highest incline. I remained in my "fat burning zone averaging 142 bpm on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor. 

That wasn't all.  For the 32 minutes I used the gym boss timer and did the following:

3 minutes walk
1:30 (15-20 seconds allowed for transition of the ankle straps) 
Mountain Climbers with the grey (9 lbs) bands at the low anchor point on the VersaFlexx
This was a killer like no other! It worked for getting my heart rate up to the upper 150's and got my core so tight! 

I like to go back and forth with lifting or cardio first.  

Shoulders with abs 
  1. Sinlge Side Lateral Shoulder Raise with our V6 
  2. Stability ball lower abs: In a plank position with the ball begining at the feet and roll the ball in so that your knees come up to your chest. 
Rest, Repeat for 3 sets 
  1. High Rear Delt Pull with VersaFlexx 
  2. Ab Circle machine for 1 minute 
Rest, Repeat for 3 sets 
  1. Dumbell Press sitting on stabilty ball 
  2. Crunches on the stability ball with a 15 lb dumbell. 
Rest, Repeat 3 sets 

Logging is a good PROCEDURE to monitor progress.  The VersaFlexx site has a nice template to use for this.  Check it out here:  VersaFlexx

Happy logging!
Kima 

No comments:

Post a Comment