Monday, November 26, 2012

4 Weeks and counting...



You have to have a plan with an on -going assessment and a final assessment.  Some may use goal and assessment interchangeably because of how dependent they are with each other. 

You need to create an assessment of how you will determine if the goal is met.  Ya with me?  Hope I have you intrigued and not bored. 

Here is my personal example for the next 4 weeks.  

1st: I selected this time frame because in 4 weeks winter break begins and our schedule changes for 2 weeks.  TIME truly dictates my plan.  It is what makes it achievable. I can manage to fit in 30 intense minutes if time runs short.  I have had to learn not to stress a "missed" workout and to make the best of what I have time for.   If you are a mother or someone with a packed schedule you can relate.  My children and family come first. To help decrease feelings of guilt from being gone I prefer to train when everyone is sleeping. If you can't do that, everyone is entitled to their "me time." Hey, it is what works best for you and your family.  Saturday is my longest workout and heaviest weights,  LEGS.  There ISN'T a cream that will do it for your legs, it is all weight training & proper eating, honey! 

2nd: Goal: Focus on body parts to really feel the squeeze and connection with lifting specific muscle groups,  while increasing my weights with sessions. Why?  I want to add some muscle.  Why? because muscle does a body good.  

Sunday  (gym) - Intense Cardio 40 minutes  (Bryson has wrestling meets for which we need to be on the road by 6:15 am) 

Monday: OFF-  it is the start of the week and I stretch and foam roll in the morning. 

Tuesday (gym)- AM session of BACK with 25 minutes in the stepper / PM session of Turbo Jam with Faith because the guys are off to wrestling practice.  
(Good for after a day off, I can be as strong and refreshed for this one) 

Wednesday (home) SHOULDERS/ Spin 40 minutes (145-150 heart rate)

Thursday (gym) AM session of ARMS 20 stepper / PM session of Turbo Jam with Faith guys are off to wrestling practice 

Friday (gym): Treadmill 50 minutes intervals with CORE work 

Saturday (gym) LEGS/ Long walking session of (130-140 heart rate) high incline 
for 50 minutes 

3rd: On - going Assessment-  I logged last week's workouts with exercises and weights.  I recored the pounds and reps for each set.  This takes a while so it didn't count  for one of these 4 weeks.  Just establishing my baseline.   Now, I can just carry with me my workout with weights and just train.  I do think at times having a log can hold you back. Therefore, I am not totally locked into my weights.  I use it for the minimum for the weight and reps.  This principle of thought comes from my hubby.  I agree if I feel stronger I should be able to push it a little more.  Remember though I have been lifting for over 10 years, so I know technique.  This is important for injury prevention. For someone just starting off or getting back into things I would say slow increases with logging is essential. 

4th:  Final assessment I will look at my log and see how my body feels on December 22nd.  In 4 weeks I can listen to my body see if I have any aches or tweaks and re-assess my plan for the next 2 weeks.  I will use a tape measure for my measurements, weighing myself is NOT allowed during this time.  As long as my inches do no increase in certain areas, I will be fine with the results for this goal.  

I believe that listening to your body is one of the most over looked parts of training.  Each person is different, so a one size fits all does not spark my interest. I have lived and learned through that one.  You have to take in account your past injuries, experiences, amount of sleep,  and body composition while creating your OWN workout plan.  Once, again It helps to have your coach be your significant other.  He keeps me in check with listening to how I feel and not being so stuck on to just following a plan. We are a good balance in that aspect.  

Stay tuned for which exercises I have selected and how my nutrition has changed a bit with this plan.  

Get your lift on! 
Kima 


No comments:

Post a Comment