Sunday, October 23, 2011

My First Week of Turbo Fire


My shoulders are so sore, but that good sore that means they have been worked. As of now I have completed 4 dvd’s in the Turbo Fire schedule and Push Circuit 1 from ChaLean Extreme. This has really helped me stay on track with my training and to feel amazing. I know that running makes me feel that “high” that I am always longing for when I train, so I was afraid to try something new. It seemed like the right time because I am desiring a change in my workout routine. Well, I got it alright.


To start off with I just watched the Fire 30 to see what I was in for. I figured I can run thirty minutes so this should be good. The combinations were broken down. I won’t lie even if you can follow 8 counts you might find it challenging at first. I was able to keep up, but watching it first was a BIG help. My three year old daughter loved the dvd and she even tried to join on by actively watching it. Take a look at her smile during this.



Tuesday morning I almost jumped up out of bed with so much excitement to try Fire 30. I have been watching the informercials for the past year, just waiting to try it. I put on my heart rate monitor and pressed play. I was in my fat burning zone and enjoying the crosses and uppers. Smiling thinking to myself that this is going to be great for something new. Until I heard the “fire drill.” You find yourself in this high intensity stage for 1 minute. Then you come back to your lower range of the fat burning zone. Chalene finds the way to motivate you and takes you through ANOTHER drill! At this time I am really smiling because my heart monitor is reading in the high 160’s and I am sweating! This is what I long for everyday!!!


The HIIT 20 and Fire EZ 55 are new moves with new music that really do get you fired up. I will say that I did need to do the 10 minute stretch and my off day was much needed. I am continuing on with the schedule and I feel a sense of accomplishment each time the dvd ends and I circle the workout as completed. Along with the Team Beach Body videos you can log into the “WOWY” gym and keep track of your workouts. I am getting used to this and taking more time to research all the tools on the website. I have the free membership and I have found it useful so far. You can learn more about heart rate zones and rate of perceived exertion at their website.


On my light day I did a 20 minute Zumba express, which I will post in the next few days.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she is so cute! It's cute that she wanted to participate but her smile while doing it is especially cute. It would be cool to see the actual video with it, but I'm aware that it would probably cause some copyright issues. I hadn't planned on reading any blogs except for the most recent ones, but I kept clicking the "older posts" and looking at older ones and older ones and I'll probably continue. But I had to say how cute she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am currently on week 12 of TurboFire and my daughter is still smiling. At least once a week she is doing them right beside me. I am going to post a clip of youtube for you to see the video of Turbo Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video is the most adorable thing yet. This reminded me of my little 4 year old sister who always tries to join in when my mom and I workout. I love when my sister actually tries to join in because it makes the workout more fun and watching this video of Faith just makes me want to workout with my sister more. I love it!
    -Hazel Ramones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see how much Faith likes Turbo Fire and I’m surprised that she’s not tired after the first minute! Turbo Fire sounds like it’s tougher than the workout that Mr. Spaulding has my 6th period class to do on Thursday. I was tired Mrs. Spaulding, I mean worn out and it was only for 10 minutes! I told Mr. Spaulding that he was probably getting back at us because I noticed that we didn’t get a chance to work out last Thursday because he was down at the University of Illinois for the Wrestling Conference. Which one would you recommend and also burns the most body fat, Turbo Fire or Zumba?

    (P.S. I told Mr. Spaulding he should start his own blog, even though I know you would update yours more than he would, lol).

    Have a great week Mrs. Spaulding! :)
    NLTIV

    ReplyDelete