Thursday, August 7, 2014

NPC Figure....a new journey to grow the soul


      I know January is long time ago, so thank you for coming back.  A lot has been going on since then. My dreams have changed from running, to lifting, to competing.  I am embarking on a 12 week journey to the stage for figure in the NPC this November. This blog will change a bit in perspective over the next few months.  Training for marathons and training for a figure competition are on two different sides of the spectrum.  Yet, one thing these two have in common is dedication.  If you have been following me on Instagram (trurunner), Pinterest (Randyandkima Spaulding) , or Facebook/YouTube (Fitness by Spaulding) you know I believe in dedication.

         In May I ran my fall half marathon time of a pace of 8:20.  That race was held one year after I lost my young cousin to breast cancer.  I trained for that race with all my heart, because that was my celebration of her life.  I have learned the hard way that you only have one chance at life and fear cannot hold you back.  If you want something bad enough you have to get down and pray about it.  My working out and running have always been deeper than just appearance and race times.  Some get it and some don't.  I don't have time to talk about it to convince people of the deeper reasons why. Though, I do have time to show them. After the half marathon in May, I knew I wanted to go back to the NPC.  I held onto running as long as I did after, because I had an awesome running partner.  Running will always be there, but I knew in my heart the time was right to get out of my comfort zone.  Mainly, because I was too comfortable with running and when that happens you feel  your energy being drained.  Going after something new revives you. Lord knows revival is important as a mother!

          Even with my belief of dedication, the support and knowledge of my husband, we felt I needed a coach.  The competition scene is filled with "coaches," but I am old school in some views. That led us to contacting and investing in Brian Smith. Click here to see Brian's incredible website Knowing him from the gym back in Randy's days of competing and looking at his site we knew this was the right fit.  You have to jive with your coach and be able to trust what is individually designed for you.  Trust, another character trait that is huge in my life.

        I hope you will read, watch the videos, and stop by on social media to see how it is going. Please keep in mind as I share this journey with you I hope that you will share back on how you are making your dreams come a reality, too.

Pray, eat, love, train, sleep
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment