Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Blog...train!?!?

On Instagram "Trurunner," On YouTube "Fitnessbyspaulding," On Facebook "Fitness By Spaulding" Limiting time on technology and being more productive. That is always the obstacle. With my crazy schedule my blog is probably my most inconsistent mode of social media. One blog entry per three weeks is a good goal to have for myself. I am actually writing this as I ride our spin bike in my target heart rate zone. Yes, multitasking is the art of us mothers, wives, and career women. One topic for today...INTERVAL TRAINING. We hear about it all the time, but how? 1)Tabata 2)GymBoss 3)Heart Rate Monitor 4)Rate of Percieved Exertion 5)How much you sweat. Just kidding on the last one, but I will say though you will get your sweat on if you do interval training right. My intervals for October have been on 1) the treadmill 2) the step mill I use my spin bike for a much more concentrated cardio in the 140's for heart rate for my 60 minutes of cardio. I also read or blog while I do this. Train the mind, like your body. On the treadmill the options are endless. Especially if you know your race paces for certain distances. 1) 5k race pace 2 min, walk backwards for 1 minute repeat for 3O minutes. 10 repeats of this. 2) half marathon pace for 4 minutes, walk at 15% inline at a 3.0 speed for 2 minutes for 60 minutes (longer because this is my race pace for 13.10 miles) 10 repeats of this. On the stepmill Alternate between stepping, lunging, and walking sideways. Step fast to reach my 160's-1minute Step lunge to stay in the 140's-2 minutes Sideways step to stay in the 120's-2 minutes Repeat for 30 minutes, 6 cycles Everyone's heart rate and speed differ, so you have to find the speed that allows you to create that pattern with your heart rate. If you don't have one get in tune with your body and you can feel your pulse to get your beats per minute. Or go 1) I feel warm for 120's (a long conversation) 2) I am starting to sweat 140's (a paragraph) 3) I feel like I am sweating buckets at 160's (too busy listening to my beats and I don't want to talk) That was a little humor, but seriously get in tune with your body and you will reap the benefits of interval training. My major changes for October 1) interval training 3 times a week 2) power cleans once a week 3) juicing 3 times a week (kale, celery, and cucumber 8 ounces) This week I'm tweaking my eating for the next month. Keep checking back to see what's up. My goal for the next 4 weeks, lean out my abs and get strong. Pray, eat, love, train, sleep Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment