Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Little Things Make BIG Differences."

"Little Things Make BIG Differences."

This quote is on the back of our little guy's wrestling shirt.  It was reinforced throughout these past 2 weeks at his camp.  It got me thinking and sometimes that is good and sometimes not so good.  In this case it was good.

I find it as a mother that it can be very stressful or a stress relief to watch your child participate in a sport.  Without pressuring our little guy it was a stress relief to see him having fun at a well run camp with coaches who obviously have a passion for coaching.  They didn't have to say it, they just showed it each day in a hot humid wrestling room this summer.  That is when it hit me. Social media is a great platform, which allows me to blog and follow whoever I want on a global sense, that is not where change happens, it is not where differences are made.  Differences are made in the hot wrestling  rooms, the wet football fields, the non air conditioned weight rooms, the buggy hills, the early dark runs with a friend, and the home where love is by family and friends. I watched our little guy sweat it out and just enjoy working hard for a little seven year old. Who knows where the path will take him, but I am learning to cherish each step of the way.

How it made me think of my training and nutrition.  It isn't all the BIG things I do, it is those little things   that make the BIG differences in my journey.

* Having a cooler in each size, so if I am packing for a small outing or one for the whole family
* Having just 10 minutes a day to read or listen to a spiritual book or passage
* Increasing my milage for running just .25 for 4 days which makes an extra mile in a week
* Small spurts of 10 -15 minutes of activity through out the day
* Changing just one carb snack for one protein snack
* Foam rolling for a few minutes here and there
* Writing a list of 2 things I want to get done in a day

Little things, BIG Differences!  What are your little things that make a BIG difference??
Happy Running,
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment