Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Self Assessment...




Thanks for watching our video about the Oakbrook Half Marathon 2012.  If you didn't I appreciate that you are reading this entry. What I am about to say isn't anything new and you have probably heard it all before. The difference is I am someone who is real that APPLIES what I know in my personal life. I believe that this is the most challenging step for us. 

Why do I race??? Truly, I run my races for the feeling I get that I did something to challenge myself. I think being a woman we can possess a negative image of getting "older." The Oakbrook Half Marathon always checks that for me. Coincidentally it is the weekend right after my birthday.   Kima at the age of 28 ran it in 2:05 (9:34 pace) and Kima at the age of 32 just ran it in 1:49 (8:22 pace). I apologize to the younger Kima that the OLDER one beat you. To age I laugh because not only physically am I getting better, but mentally & spiritually I am maturing. The choices I have made with my time is what has gotten me to where I am today. 

 My life lesson through working out has been at times you need to be strong. This can be difficult because you have to stand your ground and persevere. Which at times can be hard, because you can feel very alone. The bright  side is that once you get through those times you find that smile & place of happiness. That is because the result is truly the outcome you desired to achieve.  Along with that the people who are left with you are your REAL friends. I came up with none of this myself. I got the wisdom to guide my heart from people who have lived a "LOVED" centered life...I got better at running, because I studied it and learned from people who were better than me.  Yet, in both of these areas it would have meant NOTHING if I did NOT apply it in my life. 

Ask yourself....
WHAT are you applying in your life that you know?

Then ask yourself....
WHAT do you know that you could start applying in your life to achieve more and to be happier? 

Well, get to it! 
Please feel free to share your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment