Friday, September 28, 2012

I Got Your Back....


The beeps keep you moving!
Endurance Activity"

Getting a simple piece of techonology can really add some excitement to your workout.  I have been looking at a new website that uses the Gymboss Timer in all of their workouts.  It is a neat site because you get real time videos and new ideas for interval workouts.  I know there is a lot of research behind the benefits of interval workouts, but personally I like the feeling of trying to lift after a cardio exercise.  I feel like I pre - exhauseted myself and that I am really pushing the limits of my strength then.  I came to love this feeling this summer while I did CrossFit WOD’s.  

Since, Saturday was the first day of fall my training is starting to slowly change.  In order to run such high volume from Spring to Fall, this is when I start to slowly get away from my long endurance activity of running a contiunous 14 + miles in one run. I turn to strength training and now with my Gymboss Timer I can stay on track with my CrossFit style WOD’s.  I can set the times for the exercise, time for rest, and how many rounds I want to do of that.  It beeps loud enough that I can wear my headphones and listen to my bass kickin’ music at the same time.  I found that to be difficult to do with my I-Muse, because I am into my 1 mile run repeats with the intervals in between.  Plus there is just to much fidgeting around and when my workout starts I like to keep it going.   I found the Gymboss Timer at the running store, you can find it on line and even some local sporting good stores might carry it. If you get one, please share what workout you did.  

Wednesday’s “I Got Your Back Day,” WOD 
1 mile run at 5K pace 
5 Rounds 
45 seconds Oblique Bends 
30 seconds Plank 
1 mile run at 5K pace 
5 Rounds 
45 seconds Pull Ups 
30 seconds variaitons of planks 
1 mile run at 5K pace 
45 seconds single arm mid back arm with dumbbell (works out time wise 12 reps each side) 
30 seconds deadlifts 
Ended workout with my lower abs

 I discovered this name for my back workouts this week to remind myself that if you are my friend “I got your back!”  No lies, no games, just loyality, love, and honesty.  That is what friends do they “Got your back!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment