Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Beginnings



This is the time of the year where the excitement is in the air, because summer is so close.  To some that means graduating, coming home, and preparing for their new stage of their lives.  So, how does this relate to fitness???  Yes, if you know me everything relates back to fitness.  I try not to have conversations about working out or nutrition, but somehow I find myself in a conversation about it.  I can be totally dressed up and at a formal function talking about kettlebells with the guys.  True story, but I figure I have one life to live so I ought to spend it talking about the things that excite me.  
This blog post is really dedicated to the seniors at PMSA.  So read this with the intent to apply....
First, of all I just want to say thank you for making me believe again.  I believe that our younger generation are knowledge seekers and use technology to better themselves.  I believe that you have discovered the deeper meanings to living a healthier lifestyle. I believe that you care about others and spend your time contributing to better our society. I believe that through our interactions on this blog and my after school talks with Mr. Spaulding.  I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read and comment about my entries.  
Secondly, I only wish I knew what you did at this age.  You have the whole world in front of you and resources beyond your imagination.  You only get so many chances to live a healthy and active lifestyle.  I can tell that you care, because you are reading this.  Take every opportunity you can get to do something good for yourself in these upcoming transitional phases of your life.  That might just be a 5 minute walk or eating an apple on the go instead of grabbing a bag of chips.  Do that because all of those little things add up to positive results in the end.  
Stress and challenges are going to come your way.  Find that workout or the technique to help you reset your mind so that you can overcome and think clearly.  Out of those situations you will really find out what matters to you as an adult.
The last couple of paragraphs I wrote aren’t just to do lists.  Those are still things I do today as a wife, mother, career woman, it is endless.  But when you have your health and a good mental state you can achieve anything. I really enjoy summer because I get extra time with my children and I really get to put a lot more into my blog & videos. My hope is that I hear from you in the fall as this blog will remain here, even if you have traveled on.  
From the Spaulding Family to the graduating class of 2012, congratulations!!!  
 

3 comments:

  1. This blog really motivates me to workout harder and to get into being healthy more. A few years ago when I was in 7th grade I was really chunky and my mom would feel bad for me because I would struggle fitting into my clothes. At the time I felt horrible about how I looked and I thought it was impossible to lose weight. It was so hard to motivate myself to workout and be healthy. I started to starve myself so that i could lose weight but it just made me feel even worse, i was depressed. Then came high school, freshman year, a whole different world for me so I thought I really needed to lose weight and be healthy. That's when I started to really step up my game. I cut down my food, I stopped eating fast food, ate more vegetables and fruits, drink nothing but water, go for a jog, do some exercises, etc. After a year I started to lose a few pounds. In over a year I lost about 20 pounds. I went from 140 to about 120 something. I felt really good at that time and I thought I couldn't lose anymore. At the time I stopped being active but still tried to watch my diet. Then came Junior year, and I thought to myself if I continue to work hard I'll get better results so I continued to workout and eat really healthy. I became a health freak and from there I lost a few more pounds. From then on until the beginning of Senior year I worked out and became a health freak only too lose weight. But as the year passed by things changed. Being in Mr. Spaulding's class made me believe that working out is not only to get to the goal I want but to go even further with the goal that I have set. In the beginning of the year I only worked out to look good for prom but everything changed. Along with working with a physical therapist and watching the elderly struggle because of health problems and not being so active made me realize I need to workout and be healthy so I can look good and be ready when I get older. Watching patient's struggle to walk and move scared me and made me realize I do not want to be in a nursing home or a physical therapist facility when I get older when I could be at my own home enjoying the outdoors and spending time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am ending high school and starting college I realization that there will be many change in my life but as a load of stress will be placed on me i would like to release some stress through great workouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much this was really nice of you. I am also looking forward to every little step i make in my life, relating to my fitness. I am looking forward specially this year of college to be healthier, and exercise more since statistically shows that students tend to gain weight in college. I am looking forward for your future blogs and thank you so much, for everything again! :) ps: HaPPY mOthers Day!

    ReplyDelete